Semiconductor nanostructures are very well-controlled materials systems that offer opportunities to answer questions of general interest that have been hitherto inaccessible. We are using semiconductor nanostructures in Terahertz fields to address a broad range of topics, including:
* The interaction of intense electromagnetic radiation with matter.
* Quantum coherence, decoherence and entanglement in condensed matter.
* The feasibility of quantum computation in semiconductors.
* The dynamics of collective excitations in condensed matter.
* Dissipative chaos and quantum systems.